• Mining company Newmont purchased the landmark crane, which is also the largest rough-terrain crane from Grove.
• In addition, Paterson Simons received two awards from Manitowoc, one for the first GRT9165 sale in Africa, and the other for its long-standing partnership with the company.
The Bridgetown, Barbados-based rental company Crane & Equipment has taken delivery of the first Grove all-terrain, custom-built GMK6450-1 crane in the Caribbean.
The strongest heavy-duty 6-axle crane on the market, the GMK6450-1 shares the same design as the Grove GMK6400-1, but with an increased maximum capacity of 450 t.
• South Korean contractor purchases a GMK5250XL-1 and sends it immediately to support the construction of a new factory.
• The company specializes in building factories for electronics and chemical businesses in the Eumseong region of the country.
• The crane’s combination of long boom, compact dimensions, and superb maneuverability ideally suits the narrow, cramped roads of the local industrial estates.