We continuously report on the latest innovations, products and services coming to the market. Get the latest news from Manitowoc here.
• Mining company Newmont purchased the landmark crane, which is also the largest rough-terrain crane from Grove.
• In addition, Paterson Simons received two awards from Manitowoc, one for the first GRT9165 sale in Africa, and the other for its long-standing partnership with the company.
The Bridgetown, Barbados-based rental company Crane & Equipment has taken delivery of the first Grove all-terrain, custom-built GMK6450-1 crane in the Caribbean.
The strongest heavy-duty 6-axle crane on the market, the GMK6450-1 shares the same design as the Grove GMK6400-1, but with an increased maximum capacity of 450 t.
MSG Krandienst is a long-time, loyal Manitowoc customer and has added 40 Grove cranes to its fleet over the past 20 years.
The latest is a GMK6300L-1 which was handed over at a special ceremony at the Manitowoc plant in Wilhelmshaven, Germany.
• South Korean contractor purchases a GMK5250XL-1 and sends it immediately to support the construction of a new factory.
• The company specializes in building factories for electronics and chemical businesses in the Eumseong region of the country.
• The crane’s combination of long boom, compact dimensions, and superb maneuverability ideally suits the narrow, cramped roads of the local industrial estates.
• The Scottish company provides a range of lifting, transport, and logistics services to the marine and offshore energy industries.
• It will use the Grove GRT8100-1 to support dockside logistical operations.
• The Potain Evy 30-23 4 t crane is the first model from the new Evy range of self-erecting tower cranes.
• Potain CONNECT telematics, CCS crane control system, Smart Set-up, Power Control, and Drive Control are standard on the new crane.
• The crane is designed for home construction and residential building construction up to three stories in height.
• An Italian crane rental and transport company deployed its Grove cranes in tandem to repair a local church after it was struck by lightning.
• The entire project was completed in one day with the help of a Grove GMK4100L-2 and Grove GMK4100L-1.
• The 100 t crane was purchased through Indonesian dealer Cranserco and is the company’s second Grove crane.
• The Grove GRT8100 was selected for its versatility and optimal lifting performance and is supporting extensive construction work at a mine project.
• German freight transport and logistics company, G.A. Neeb, has received a GMK5250L-1, its third Grove all-terrain crane of 2023.
• Earlier this year the company purchased a GMK6300L-1 and a GMK3060L-1.
• Developer and contractor Thai Obayashi Construction is using 11 Potain tower cranes on a new, large-scale, mixed-use building project.
• They include two new MCR 295 cranes purchased specifically for the project. They were selected for their versatility and high lifting capabilities.
• All the cranes were either purchased or leased from SB Siam, Potain dealer for Thailand.
• The 100 t capacity Grove GRT8100-1 was displayed in Italy for the first time after its global launch at bauma 2022 in Germany at the end of last year.
• Also on display were the Grove GMK5250XL-1 and GMK5150XL all-terrain cranes.
• The show took place in Piacenza, just 50 km south of Milan, and welcomed visitors from throughout Italy and the rest of the world.
• Manitowoc is opening its newest office in Santiago de Surco, a district of Lima, as part of the company’s plan to expand its presence throughout the region.
• The new facility will expedite parts deliveries and facilitate access to aftersales services in Peru and neighboring countries.