We continuously report on the latest innovations, products and services coming to the market. Get the latest news from Manitowoc here.
• Austrian crane service provider has invested in a five-axle, 120 t capacity Grove GMK5120L, with its exceptional 66 m main boom
• Long boom lengths, versatile taxi crane configurations, and a class-leading amount of counterweight make the all-terrain crane ideal for a wide range of projects
• Two Grove GMK4100L-2 all-terrain cranes added to Galfar Al Misnad’s fleet
• Both cranes were ordered through local dealer Mannai Trading
• The first of the cranes has been delivered and will be deployed on Qatar’s North Field Expansion Project
• The crane is the largest Potain topless model from Manitowoc’s Chinese factory and follows hot on the heels of the MCT 1005
• A maximum capacity of 50 t can be lifted out to 21.8 m radius when configured with the full 80 m jib.
• Crane rental company Wiemann Autokrane of Dortmund, Germany has taken delivery of a new 400 t capacity Grove GMK6400-1
• The Company purchased the GMK6400-1 after positive experiences with its GMK6400
• The Manitowoc plant in Niella Tanaro, Italy is expanding production, adding the Grove GRT8120 rough-terrain crane to its manufacturing line
• Niella Tanaro is strategically positioned to serve customers across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific
• In addition to adding GRT8120 production, the plant will also build GRT8100-1 cranes
• After comparing similar cranes, Willift Lifting Engineering decided to use the GMK5250XL-1 to dismantle an old lime plant, a job that would require the machine to hold heavy metal parts up high while they were being cut off.
• The crane’s 78.5-m (257.5 ft) long boom and high-load capacity were crucial features in the contractor’s decision to rent it; the work went very smoothly, and the project was completed within the schedule.
• Schuch Heavylift received the custom-built Grove GMK6450-1 after working with Manitowoc’s Lift Solutions team to get an updated version of the GMK6400-1 with increased capacity
• There were seven other Grove mobile cranes delivered to the company in the past year.
• Consorzio Stabile SIS has chosen Potain cranes to help renovate of one of Italy’s oldest hospitals, Policlinico di Milano (also known as Ospedale Maggiore di Milano), founded in 1456.
• The Italian construction company purchased two MDT 269 J12 and two MDT 389 L16 top-slewing tower cranes to overcome the difficulties of the jobsite, which include a narrow access road and lack of space for maneuvering heavy vehicles.
• Long-time Grove dealer for Kazakhstan expands its market coverage responsibilities.
• The company will now also represent Grove mobile cranes in Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan.
Since its arrival in Peru, a new Grove GMK3060L-1 all-terrain crane has been taking challenging jobs and delivering excellent performance in a mine in the South of the country for over a year. Because of its long reach, high capacity, and compact size, the crane has been performing difficult lifts in constrained spaces of the mine, handling jobs that previously had to be outsourced.
• A new Grove 450-USt all-terrain crane equips the Maritimes contractor to compete for wind farm maintenance jobs.
• The company initially considered 500-650 USt models, but the GMK6400-1’s MAXbase and MegaWingLift™ features, giving it seven- or eight-axle performance, proved the right choice.
• The crane has been constantly in demand since it left its Dartmouth base in early January.
• BKL has invested in two Grove GMK5150XL cranes to replace its previous generation GMK5150L cranes
• One of the new cranes was displayed at bauma 2022 in Munich, Germany last year, before delivery to the German rental giant
• BKL is a long-standing Manitowoc customer and already has dozens of Grove mobile cranes and Potain tower cranes in its rental fleet.